1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Radish and Cucumber Salad
- 1 large daikon radish, peeled
- 1 medium cucumber
- 16 medium red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (40 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (30 g) chopped chives
- mung bean sprouts, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:25min › Ready in:25min
- Using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, cut white radish into very thin curls. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- Peel away thin strips the length of the cucumber to create a striped effect. Slice cucumber very thinly; arrange on individual plates or a serving platter. Place red and white radishes on top of cucumber slices.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Drizzle over radishes. Top with chives and mung bean sprouts.
I haven't eaten radishes for years. Such a simple dish with bold flavours. Am adding this to my salad repertoire. Thanks for sharing. - 22 Apr 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!