1 / 1 Picture by: mcmeg12
Zesty Beetroot and Avocado Salad
Serves : 4
- 3 medium beetroots
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 60g toasted chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
Preparation:25min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour25min
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Wash beetroot and place in a baking dish with 60ml water. Cover and roast for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the apple juice, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, mustard and celery salt.
- Peel and slice the beetroot and combine with the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the salad leaves among four salad plates. Drain beetroot, and reserve dressing. Decoratively arrange overlapping layers of beetroot, onion, apple and avocado on the salad greens. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with toasted walnuts and serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!