Apple and Banana Muffins
- For the muffins
- 280g self-raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the icing glaze
- 60g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir in milk, bananas, apples, orange rind and vanilla extract. Mix lightly and spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Check when cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre of a muffin. The muffins are done when it comes out clean.
- To make the icing: combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Brush icing glaze over baked muffins then sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Used different ingredients. I didn't have bananas, so used 1/2 cup sultanas, 1/2 cup coconut, 1/4 cup orange juice and an extra 1/4 cup of flour. They turned out very light and fluffy with just enough sweetness. I baked them in the mini muffin pan and they are perfect for the kids lunches. I did not use the icing. - 15 Jun 2009
yum yum yum my only tip is to ensure you do grease the patty pans first because otherwise you lose half of your muffin when you try to pop it out of the paper - 06 Oct 2009
When I made these they stuck to the baking cups, they are very tasty though and will try again. - 13 May 2009