2 people made this
Pouring custard is a simple but perfect accompaniment to almost any hot pudding.
1½ cups milk
½ cup pouring cream
4 egg yolks
¼ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Heat the milk and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot, taking care not to let it boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar in a medium bowl until combined.
- Whisking constantly, pour the warm milk and cream mixture over the eggs.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over very low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon in a figure-of-eight movement, until it thickens and coats the wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain the custard through a sieve into a serving jug. Stir in the vanilla essence. Serve the custard warm or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate