Carrot and Apple Muffins
Serves : 12
- 1 cup (145g) soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (310g) plain flour
- 4 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups apple purée
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, caster sugar, flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in carrot and apple; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites, apple purée and oil. Stir into dry ingredients. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from tin to cool completely.
Extremely moist. Made a lot more than recipe says when you make mini muffins. Wholemeal flour and gluten free baking powder also makes this an even healthier choice - 04 Aug 2010