Peach & Cherry Crumble
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 2 cups cherries (250g), stoned and halved
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut up
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Spray a 23 cm glass pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the peaches, cherries, white sugar and cornflour in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over a moderate heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence and lemon zest. Spoon into the pie dish.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture is crumbly. Scatter over the fruit, place the pie dish on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Used different ingredients. I didn't have cherries so I used some mixed frozen berries which worked well. - 20 Mar 2009
This was lovely, although next time I think I would use a little less sugar for the fruit mix and a bit more of the crumble which was a little thin on top. - 20 Mar 2009