German Anise Biscuits
- 3 small eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 260g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Beat eggs and sugar for 15 minutes. Stir in the flour sifted with baking powder and cream of tartar and add fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on to baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Used different ingredients. I only had self raising flour instead of plain flour, and raw sugar instead of caster sugar. Gamble taken. As I watched the oven in panic as they began to get bigger and bigger, I thought I would disappear into a mountain of biscuit. The only thing I ended up with was biscuits the size of my head that I had to try to chisel off the baking tray. Though they tasted quite good. Thank you. - 08 Dec 2010
At first I thought: As I watched from the oven: Finished product: Taste: - 08 Dec 2010
great idea for xmas - 02 Sep 2008