1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Serves : 4
- 250 g smoked ham
- 1 2⁄3 cups frozen peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup drained pickled onions
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 100 g lamb's lettuce
- alfalfa or mung bean sprouts or mustard cress, for garnish
- creamy dressing
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup Greek–style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:25min › Cook:5min › Ready in:30min
- Trim excess fat from ham; cut ham into small cubes. Cook peas in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Leave peas to cool.
- Coarsely grate carrots. Quarter cucumbers lengthwise, scoop out seeds with a small spoon and cut flesh into small pieces. Cut pickled onions in half. Place carrots, cucumbers, pickled onions, tomatoes and peas in a bowl.
- To make creamy dressing, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir dressing into salad. Distribute among serving bowls. Add lamb's lettuce and alfalfa sprouts.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!