Peanut Soup African Style
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large red capsicums, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (700g) jar Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup (90g) uncooked brown rice
- 2/3 cups (185g) crunchy peanut butter
Preparation:10min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hour
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and capsicums then cook until tender, stirring in garlic when nearly done to prevent burning.
- Stir in tomato sauce, stock, black pepper and chilli powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover and simmer another 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peanut butter until well blended then serve.
Altered ingredient amounts. Added 1 green capsicum Extra Chili 300 gm peanut butter 200 gm brown rice Extra garlic - 28 Feb 2011
very easy to prepair and simple. - 13 Apr 2009
Really tasty dish, unusual flavours and went over well. I doubled the amount of chilli and peanut butter which didn't seem to hurt. - 29 Dec 2012