Serves : 8
- For the meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- For serving
- 300ml whipping cream
- seasonal fresh fruit-strawberries, kiwifruit etc
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat egg whites and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, mix together vinegar, vanilla and cornflour until smooth. Pour cornflour mixture into egg white mixture and beat until thick and glossy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 20 cm circle in the centre. Spoon or pipe mixture inside the circle, to within a little less than 2.5 cm from the edge.
- Place in preheated oven, reduce temperature to 110 degrees C and bake 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool inside.
- To serve, decorate cooled pavlova with whipped cream and fresh fruit, such as a mixture of fresh berries.
All ova this Pavlova! - 29 Aug 2008
This is a great recipe if instead of mixing the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla separately, just add them straight to the egg white/sugar mix once you reach soft peak stage. There is no need to mix these in a bowl first. Absolutely delicious and perfect every time. - 04 Apr 2013
I agree with brindabella. There's no way you can mix the cornflour. - 12 Jan 2012