1 / 1 Picture by:
Lemon peppered roast beef
Serves : 6
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 kg lean beef roast
Preparation:2hours › Cook:1hour › Ready in:3hours
- Combine the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar, pepper and sherry in a large dish. Add the beef and marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Transfer the beef to a baking dish and roast to desired doneness:
• about 45 minutes for rare (52°–54°C)
• 1 hour for medium (60°–65°C)
• 1¼ hours for well-done (65°–70°C)
- Remove roast from oven, cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute before slicing and serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!