Lemon peppered roast beef
1 person made this
This healthy and flavoursome roast is enhanced by lemon zest, a hint of sherry, and freshly ground pepper.
1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 kg lean beef roast
- Combine the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar, pepper and sherry in a large dish. Add the beef and marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Transfer the beef to a baking dish and roast to desired doneness:
• about 45 minutes for rare (52°–54°C)
• 1 hour for medium (60°–65°C)
• 1¼ hours for well-done (65°–70°C)
- Remove roast from oven, cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute before slicing and serving.
Very easy to prepare - and a delicious lemon taste
- 24 May 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate