Lamb racks with garlic and rosemary
- 4 lamb racks (with 3 cutlets per rack)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 long sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
Preparation:40min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Trim any excess fat from the lamb racks. Cut small slits in the top of the lamb with a small, sharp knife. Insert slices of garlic and small pieces of rosemary into the slits. Sit the lamb on a plate.
- Whisk together the honey, wholegrain mustard and mint sauce and brush over the lamb racks. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes in a cool place.
- Put the lamb racks into a baking dish and spoon on any sauce that may be left behind on the plate. Bake for 20 minutes for medium–rare, or until cooked to your liking, basting a couple of times during cooking with the honey mustard mixture.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand, covered, in a warm place for 10 minutes to allow the juices to be absorbed back into the meat. At this stage you can either cut the lamb into individual cutlets or leave the rack intact and serve as is.
• Some butchers sell French-trimmed lamb racks; these already have all the fat trimmed off, leaving a clean piece of bone protruding. Check the price before buying as it easy to do this yourself at home. * • A Chinese cleaver will allow you to cut the racks into cutlets effortlessly. If you do not have one of these use a large sharp knife. Avoid using serrated knives as they tend to tear the meat rather than slicing cleanly. * • Serve with boiled potatoes and steamed asparagus.
Used different ingredients. Used all the same ingredients, but added a dash of red wine to the honey mustard mixture. Was absolutely beautiful! Thank you very much for submitting this dish! - 11 Feb 2010
I stuck to the recipe 100% and the result was absolutely beautiful...cooked to perfection. It's so easy!! I'll definitely make this again. If you paid $40 for it in a restaurant, you'd be extremely happy - 27 Jan 2011
absolutely loved it! Served it with mashed potato and a salad of steamed green beans and balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes. The marinade on the lamb was DEVINE... My partner thinks we should have it at least once a week - 12 Dec 2011