1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 3 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 large red onions
- 2 medium green capsicums
- 2⁄3 cup black olives
- 100g pickled mild or hot chilies
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
Preparation:20min › Ready in:20min
- Cut tomatoes into wedges. Cut cucumbers into thick slices. Slice onions, not too thinly. Cut capsicums into strips.
- Place all the vegetables in a bowl. Top with olives and pickled chilies. To make vinaigrette, whisk 3 tablespoons oil and all the vinegar until combined; add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad.
- Cut feta into thick cubes or crumble coarsely; add to salad. Sprinkle oregano on top and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
In Mediterranean cooking, oregano and marjoram are interchangeable. They have a warm, slightly sharp taste with an underlying spiciness. Oregano often has a lemony taste.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!