Goat's cheese and cherry tomato clafoutis
Serves : 4
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat milk
- ¼ cup (35 g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (10 g) snipped fresh chives
- 100 g soft goat's cheese
Preparation:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the cherry tomatoes in an even layer in the bottom of a lightly oiled, 23 cm round ovenproof dish, that is approximately 5 cm deep.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk in the milk. Add the flour and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add the chives and season to taste. Pour this batter over the tomatoes. Crumble the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes until the top is golden and the pudding is almost set (it will carry on cooking once removed from the oven). Leave to cool for a few minutes before serving as the tomatoes will be very hot inside.
Vary the cheese to your own taste — grated gruyère, cheddar, parmesan and crumbled blue cheese would all be good choices in the clafoutis. Instead of cherry tomatoes, try chopped grilled capsicums or sautéed button mushrooms.
Totally easy and very delicious. - 07 Jun 2010
Used different ingredients. Added pitted olives and smoked salmon - 07 Jun 2010