1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Golden Syrup Gingernut Biscuits
- 85g plain flour
- 85g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60g butter
- 80ml golden syrup
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease a large baking tray. Sift plain and wholemeal flours, bicarb soda, ginger and cinnamon into a bowl, tipping in any bran left in the sieve.
- Place butter and syrup in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture onto dry ingredients. Stir, working mixture into a firm dough.
- Break off a walnut-sized lump of dough; roll into a ball in the palms of your hand. Flatten to 6cm in diameter and place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining dough. Alternatively, roll out dough on a floured work surface and cut out decorative shapes.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until slightly risen and just browned. Cool on baking tray for 2–3 minutes or until cookies are firm enough to lift without breaking; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin for up to 5 days.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!