- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 small cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 medium green prawns (about 1 kg)
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:20min › Cook:8min › Ready in:28min
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact, and add to the garlic and oil mixture. Stir well to coat the prawns. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Arrange the prawns in a single layer in an ovenproof dish or divide the prawns equally among four individual ovenproof bowls. Add the white wine and lemon or lime juice to the marinade and whisk well to combine. Pour the mixture over the prawns and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish or bowls with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with fresh, crusty bread.
This is the best Garlic Prawns Recipe ever without a doubt! Preparation is simple and the result is the most delicious Garlic Prawns!! I make this as an entree for dinner parties and every time I serve it our guests rave about it and ask for the recipe! Thank you for sharing this gem! - 12 May 2011
an absolute winner at our house, the hubby was licking his plate lol - 20 Apr 2011
Used different ingredients. I halved the oil, omitted the lemon and wine and parsley and added 1/2 cup of dry sherry, chives in place of parsley and 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce. - 20 Apr 2011