Fruit with apricot-chocolate cream
Here's a luscious concoction in which to dip fresh apple and pear wedges. It may seem rich and decadent but, as it's made with fromage frais, it is surprisingly low in kilojoules and fat.
Be the first to make this!
1 cup (250 g) fromage frais
2 tablespoons cream
2 tablespoons caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
⅓ cup (45 g) dried apricot halves, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons chocolate chips or finely chopped dark plain chocolate
2 pears, cored and cut into 1-cm wedges
2 large apples, cored and cut into 1-cm wedges
- Combine the fromage frais, cream, sugar and vanilla essence in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the apricots and chocolate chips.
- Arrange the wedges of pear and apple on a platter and serve the creamy dip in the centre.
- The dip can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Some more ideas…
• Add fresh berries—diced strawberries or blueberries—to the creamy dip.
• Use chopped dried mango instead of apricots.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199