1 / 1 Picture by: sandra_92083
Pork Chops Baked with Apple Sauce
- 4/5 cup (200g) unsweetened pureed apple
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large bay leaf
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Preparation:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Mix apple sauce, chicken stock, cinnamon, nutmeg, chilli powder, garlic and bay leaf in large bowl. Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large frying pan and sear the chops on both sides. When chops are browned lay them in a casserole or oven-proof dish. Pour the apple sauce mixture over them, cover with foil and cook in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
I thought the flavor was nice, mild, but complimented the pork well. Ours came out fairly dry though. - 16 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!