Crispy lace potatoes
- 750 g all-purpose potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 240°C. Spray 2 large baking trays lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Grate the potatoes in a food processor or with a grater. Transfer the potato to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, chopped rosemary and pepper. Toss the mixture well to coat.
- Divide the potato mixture into 8 equal portions and spread out 4 large rounds, each about 5 mm thick, on each baking tray. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Preheat the grill. Remove the potatoes from the oven. With a spatula, carefully turn the potatoes over on the baking trays. Sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese. Grill the potatoes about 8 cm from the heat until the tops are golden-brown and the potatoes are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Rosemary is rich in flavonoids, which are phytochemicals that may help prevent blood clots.
You can cook the potatoes ahead up to step 2 and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. At serving time, preheat the grill, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the potatoes, and grill until golden-brown.
We just loved this recipe, easy to make and ever so tasty, Thankswill make again - 20 Jul 2012