1 / 1 Picture by: JuliettevanSon
Savoury mince loaf
- 500g mince
- 1½ cups (90g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato relish, or tomato sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- pepper and salt to taste
- For the filling
- 1 cup (60g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs (40g) butter
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour15min › Ready in:1hour25min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Combine the first half of ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place half of this mince mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a separate bowl and spread this across the mince layer.
- Spread the rest of the mince mixture on top and cover with breadcrumbs. Bake in preheated oven for approx one and a quarter hours, or until mince is cooked and no longer pink.
- Serve hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!