1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Caesar Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- 2 small heads cos lettuce
- 4 large leaves iceberg lettuce
- 50g parmesan, in a piece
- 2 slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Anchovy dressing
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 very fresh large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preparation:30min › Ready in:30min
- Cut cos and iceberg lettuce leaves into bite–sized pieces. Use a vegetable peeler or cheese grater to shave Parmesan into thin slivers.
- To make anchovy dressing, place anchovy fillets and garlic in a bowl and mash to a paste. Whisk in olive oil, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- To make croutons, cut bread into small cubes. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add bread cubes; cook until golden brown on all sides, taking care they do not burn. Set aside; keep warm.
- Arrange lettuce leaves and shaved Parmesan on individual serving plates. Drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle on bread cubes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!