Be the first to make this!
These muffins are perfect for breakfast, providing the energy the body needs in the morning. They are healthy too, using wholemeal flour, wheat germ and raisins.
1/2 cup (85g) plain wholemeal flour
1 1/4 cups (150g) plain flour
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
pinch of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
1/3 cup (30g) wheat germ
1 1/3 cups (165g) raisins
1 cup (220g) plain low fat yoghurt
1/3 cup (80ml) sunflower oil
1/2 orange, zested
1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease and flour 1×12 cup muffin tin.
- Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a bowl. Tip in any bran left in the sieve. Stir in the sugar, wheat germ and raisins then make a well in the centre.
- Put yoghurt, oil, egg, orange zest and juice in a bowl then whisk lightly. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cups. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and just firm to the touch. Leave them to cool in the tray for 2–3 minutes.
- These muffins are best eaten freshly baked and preferably still slightly warm from the oven. They can, however, be left to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate