1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Mediterranean Bread Salad
- 4 large red capsicums
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf crusty Italian or French bread, cubed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup (80g) olives
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:1hour55min › Ready in:2hours25min
- Grill capsicums (or place directly on barbecue or stove-top gas hotplate turning regularly with tongs) until skin is blackened. Place in plastic bag to sweat, then remove skin. Wipe any remaining skin with paper towels. Cut flesh into thin strips. Drizzle with oil.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Spread bread cubes on a baking tray and bake, tossing occasionally for around 5 minutes or until lightly crisped but not browned.
- Combine capsicums, toasted bread, tomato, cucumber, feta and olives in a large bowl, tossing well to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!