Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pasta
- 375g tri-colour fusilli
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, about 250g, halved
- 3 2/3 cups firmly packed baby English spinach leaves, about 180g
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- lettuce leaves
Preparation:15min › Cook:17min › Ready in:32min
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the bacon, onion and garlic. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is golden.
- Add the tomatoes to the frying pan and cook gently for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are beginning to soften but are still holding their shape.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Pour the water over the tomatoes in the frying pan and bring to the boil. Season with black pepper.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl, pour over the hot tomato mixture, add the pasta and parmesan and toss to combine. Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Great dish. It was easy to make, healthy and the whole family loved it. - 26 Jan 2011
Used different ingredients. I used silverbeet instead of english spinach and it was still YUMMY - 26 Jan 2011