1 / 1 Picture by:
Beef and turkey chilli
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 250 g turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 red or green capsicums, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 can (810 g) no-added-salt crushed tomatoes
- dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can (400 g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Preparation:20min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Heat flameproof casserole over moderately high heat until hot. Add beef and turkey and, stirring frequently, sauté about 7 minutes or until meat has lost its pink colour and released its juices.
- Remove from heat and spoon meat into a sieve set over a bowl. Allow all fat to drain from meat; it will take at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in casserole, heat oil over moderate heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
- Stir in capsicums, chilli powder and spices, and cook about 5 minutes longer or until capsicums are slightly soft. Return meat to casserole.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, if using, and pepper and bring to boil. Partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in corn kernels and kidney beans. Cover and cook about 5 minutes longer to heat through.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!