1 / 1 Picture by:
- 8 small beetroot
- 60 g butter
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 2 baby gherkins, cut into very fine strips
Preparation:20min › Cook:3hours45min › Ready in:4hours5min
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Carefully wash the beetroot, taking care not to pierce or bruise the skins. Wrap each one in a square of buttered foil and put in a roasting pan. Bake in the oven for 3 – 3 1/2 hours, or until the skins come away easily when rubbed gently.
- Remove from the oven and, when cool enough to handle, peel carefully and cut into quarters. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the beetroot, spring onions and herbs and toss gently until coated with the butter. Remove the beetroot and put into a heated serving dish. Add the cream to the pan, bring to the boil, boil for a minute, then pour over the beetroot.
- Sprinkle the beetroot with the gherkin strips and serve with roast pork, grilled loin chops or crispy roast duckling.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!