Cheddar Bacon Muffins
- 3 rashers bacon
- 250g self-raising flour
- 150g tasty cheese or Cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 level teaspoon mustard powder (optional or to taste)
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 100ml milk
- 2 eggs
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grill bacon rashers, cool, then chop roughly.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, cheese, bacon, salt, pepper, spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs and add the yoghurt and milk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients - mix quickly but gently, don't take too long. The mixture should be lumpy and just about fall off spatula - if not add a touch more milk.
- Grease a muffin tin and spoon in for 6 large or 10 small muffins.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the tops are golden. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
So yummy! I added really fine chopped onion and chopped spinach. - 06 Nov 2010
Very yummy - I doubled the quantities and made 24 regular sized muffins. I also added chives for a bit of colour and flavour. Makes very light and fluffy muffins that taste great! - 12 Sep 2011
THANKS! They took 15 mins to cook through as I didn't measure everything exactly: added 'that much' cheese and 'that much' bacon - ended up being more than recipe stated. I substituted yoghurt for more milk as I didn't have yoghurt. Also added approx. 1tsp dried oregano and same of coriander for the colour and slight flavour. Made 8 substantial muffins in cases (best not to use cases!). Thanks for the recipe base!! - 30 Jun 2011