1 / 1 Picture by: Emily
Apple berry crumble
Serves : 8
- 5 small apples (about 800 g), peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 200 g frozen mixed berries
- ⅓ cup wholemeal plain flour
- ⅓ cup traditional rolled oats
- ¼ cup barley flakes
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (cassia)
- 30 g mono- or polyunsaturated margarine
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
Preparation:25min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Coat eight ¾-cup capacity ovenproof bowls with cooking spray.
- Place apples, lemon juice, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes, until apples are just tender. Drain, pour into a bowl and mix with berries. Spoon apple mixture evenly into prepared dishes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, oats, barley, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the margarine and mix in with your fingertips until well blended.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the fruit. Sprinkle with the almonds. Bake, uncovered, until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!