Classic Banoffee Tart
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g packet biscuits
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 medium bananas
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:10min › Cook:3hours › Extra time:1hour › Ready in:4hours10min
- To make the base: blend or crush the biscuits until they are small crumbs. Stir crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl. Press crumb mixture into the base of a 22cm springform or round cake tin with a removable base. Chill this while you make the filling.
- To make the caramel: Carefully immerse the unopened tin of condensed milk in a deep saucepan of water. Bring water to a boil. Simmer for 2 hours, adding water to pot as needed. The milk will turn into a runny caramel sauce. Remove the tin from the water with tongs and allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until thick.
- Spread the caramel sauce from the can over the pie crust base with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Slice bananas and layer on top of caramel.
- Spread cream over bananas.
Took shortcuts. I used top n fill caramel to make it fast - 06 Apr 2009
Took shortcuts. Used a premade pie shell! - 27 Feb 2009
this is so easy to make and very tasteful.this is my new favorite desert.i am already passing this recipe around.i used chocolate ripple biscuits. - 30 Dec 2011