1 / 1 Picture by:
Scottish Potato Scones
Serves : 12
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/8 cup (90ml) milk
- 125g cold mashed potato
- 3 eschallots, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- flour, for kneading
- butter, for spreading
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, then rub in the butter with your fingertips.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and add to flour mixture to make a firm dough.
- Stir in finely mashed potatoes, shallots and pepper.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll to a log. Slice into rounds and bake at 230C for 30 minutes.
- Split open while hot and spread with butter to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!