Rogan Josh Lamb Shanks
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 4 whole cardamom pods, broken
- 1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 large brown onion, cut into wedges
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 400 g whole small potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 250 g button mushrooms, quartered
Preparation:40min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours40min
- Combine the sour cream and the flour together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornflour and the water to make a paste.
- Combine the chilli powder, coriander, ginger, stock cubes, cardamom, tomatoes, water and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil.
- Slowly add the cornflour paste to the tomato mixture, stirring constantly; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the sour cream and flour mixture.
- Arrange the onions in the base of a slow cooker, top with the shanks and pour over the tomato mixture. Place the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on High for 8 hours.
Hi just putting this on this morning before I go to work just wondering 8 hours on high seems like a long time is It supposed to be high or low do you think?? - 30 Jul 2012
absolutely fantastic will definitely do again. - 11 Sep 2011
YOu can go the length and breadth of India and Pakistan and never find chicken stock or mushrooms in Roghan Josh. Yoghourt not cream is usually included in the spice/sauce. Not bad really. - 20 Jan 2013