Topside Roast in Red Wine Jus
9 people made this
This is an excellent way to get a great flavoured roast. If you have a casserole dish that you can cook on a hotplate you can make it all in one pot.
1kg topside roast
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups (375ml) beef stock
1 cup (250ml) red wine
1 sprig of each of thyme, rosemary,
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in the casserole dish or in a large pot and brown the beef.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Add half of the stock, half of the red wine and the herbs.
- Place the lid on (or transfer to a casserole dish) and roast in the oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours at 150 degrees C.
- After cooking remove the roast and cover with alfoil.
- Strain the cooking juices and skim.
- Heat the juices in a pot (or the same pot) and add the rest of the wine and the stock.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper if required. carve the roast and serve with the sauce over it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate