1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is an easy to make Greek yoghurt dip called Tzatziki, this version features dill, cucumber and garlic. Serve as a dip, spread or side dish.
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
500g Greek yoghurt, strained
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
5 cloves garlic, to taste
1 small bunch dill, finely diced
- Peel the cucumber then grate and place it in a strainer.
- Use your hands to squeeze out all the excess water from the cucumber. This ensures the taziki doesn't become watery.
- Placed the squeezed cucumber in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper then mix.
- Add the yoghurt and mix.
- Slowly add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir this in, when the oil dissolves add another tablespoon then repeat until you have added 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the garlic. Dip you finger in and taste the strength, if it isn't garlicky enough add more.
- Add the finely diced dill then mix. Add the olive oil a tablespoon at a time until the remaining three tablespoons are in.
- Spoon the Tzatzikiinto a serving bowl and garnish with some additional olive oil.
- Let chill for one hour then serve with bread or pita bread.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate