Sweet potato and butternut pumpkin soup
11 people made this
Yummy soup. Fennel and radishes add a contrasting flavour to the pumpkin, carrots and sweet potato.
2 carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 butternut pumpkin, peeled seeded and diced
6 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
1 fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
1 vegetable stock cube
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
4 tbsp chopped parsley.
1 small bunch of radishes, trimmed and chopped
5 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or to taste...and optional)
- Bring a large pot half-filled with water to the boil. Add the squash, sweet potato, carrots, shallots, fennel and stock cube and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add garlic.
- Allow to cool, then strain the vegetables into a bowl to keep the stock.
- Blend half of this stock to the vegetables, either in a food processor of hand blender to your desired consistency. Save the rest (it'll come in useful)
- If using a food processor, gently reheat the soup after blending.
- Garnish with parsley, radishes and pumpkin seeds.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate