1 / 1 Picture by:
Butternut Pumpkin and Corn Soup
Serves : 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed.
- 300ml milk
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 500g corn kernels (fresh or tinned)
- 6 teaspoons crème fraiche or sour cream (optional)
- ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onions in the butter, stirring frequently, until lightly cooked.
- Stir in pumpkin and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the milk and vegetable stock; simmer until squash is soft enough to pierce with a fork, about 20 minutes. Add corn.
- Blend the soup either with a hand blender or by putting it into a food processor. Don’t blend too smoothly - it needs to be a little chunky.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and plenty of ground black pepper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!