1 / 1 Picture by:
Kosher for Passover Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) crushed chocolate macaroon biscuits or any kosher for passover biscuit
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 4 teaspoons matzo meal
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (170g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour30min
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. In a small bowl, stir together the crushed macaroons and butter. Press into the bottom of a 23cm springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven; remove and cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese and sugar together until well blended. Stir in matzo meal, milk and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of butter in a small microwave-safe dish. Heat at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring at each interval. Stir into the cream cheese batter. Pour the batter over the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the centre appears solid when the cake is jiggled slightly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!