Chicken and Cashew Korma
1 / 4
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4
256 people made this
Korma is a lovely milk North Indian curry dish. The sauce is fragrant with onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Serve with rice.
1/4 cup (30g) cashew halves
3 tablespoons boiling water
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 (2cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 bay leaves, crumbled
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon chilli powder
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup (125ml) thickened 35% cream
1/2 cup (125ml) natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- Place cashews in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Place garlic and ginger in food processor and blend until smooth then set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large frypan, over medium heat. Cook the bay leaves in hot oil for 30 seconds. Stir in onion and cook until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic/ginger paste and season with coriander, garam masala, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Stir in chicken and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomato pastte and chicken stock. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cashews along with the water in which they were soaked, the cream and yoghurt into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir the cashew mixture into the chicken and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cornflour mixture and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
really really nice easy to make and enjoyed by all
- 20 Jul 2010
Fanrastic! So much better than any store bought sauce. The whole family loved it!
- 20 Jan 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate