1 / 1 Picture by: Stevie O
Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Filling
- 220g biscuit crumbs
- 90g white sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- Caramel Filling
- 30 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 90g chopped pecans
- 155g dark chocolate chips
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 185g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Preparation:45min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour45min
- Base: In a medium bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and 2.5cm up the sides of a 22cm springform tin.
- Caramel Filling: In a small saucepan, combine caramels with milk. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour the caramel-pecan mixture on to the crust and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool until lukewarm. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold 1/3 of the filling into the melted chocolate, then pour the chocolate mixture back into the filling and mix until no streaks remain. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until centre is almost set. Place a pan of water on the rack underneath cheesecake as it bakes to help keep it from cracking. Cool in oven with door open a little. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!