Christmas Plum Pudding
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 12 dried dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup candied mixed fruit peel, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
Preparation:20min › Cook:2hours › Ready in:2hours20min
- Combine butter, sugar, milk, fruit and rind in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda. Sift in the flour, cinnamon and salt and mix gently until blended.
- Pour into prepared pudding basin and cover with a double layer of greased baking paper. Secure lid or cover with a layer of foil and tie a double piece of kitchen string around the basin to secure.
- Place into a large deep saucepan with boiling water coming halfway up the sides of basin. Boil for 2 hours, replenishing water as necessary. Stand in basin for 10 minutes before turning out on to serving plate.
I have made this recipe the last 2 Christmas seasons, and now the orders have grown, and I will make 8 this year for family and friends!! Absolutely easy, and a crowd pleaser. - 09 Dec 2013
Well-this is my first Christmas pudding in the bag. Ive never made one before, thought it would be a big drama but this was pretty straightforward. I guess the proof will be in the pudding! - 26 Nov 2008