Mini baked cheesecakes
- for the base
- 1/3 cup (40g) sweet plain biscuit crumbs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 15g margarine, melted
- for the filling
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60g) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Grease a six-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs, sugar and margarine with a fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the egg.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Something else. I used patty cups cos I didnt trust myself but I think it would have worked fine without them. They did make for nice presentation tho...I also think these would make a great present.. - 28 Jan 2009
Quick, easy, yummy cheesecake. It makes just the right amount to avoid over indulging. I made them without the lemon rind and just used the lemon juice and used macadamia shortbread as the base and they tasted great. Lemon could be exchanged for a different fruit easily enough. I'll be making this again, ty! - 15 Aug 2011
AMAZING!!. I can't believe it isn't harder. I used a silicon tray so I didn't have to grease them (at kmart for $5) and they just popped out . I also used a water bath and let them cool in the oven to avoid cracking. They were a nice lemon cheesecake but IMHO the lemon rind should be doubled or even tripled to 1 to 1 1/2 lemons worth of rind, which is what I did after trying them a few times and they were even better . Then I tried it with out the lemon rind while also reducing the lemon juice to 1tsp and increasing the vanilla to 2tsp for an INCREDIBLE vanilla cheesecake. I'm in the process of making a Jameson cheesecake, will update (if I can) Jameson cheesecake didn't really turn out. - 14 Aug 2013