Chocolate Chip and Orange Scones
1 / 8
2 / 8
3 / 8
Pam Ziegler Lutz
4 / 8
5 / 8
6 / 8
7 / 8
8 / 8
362 people made this
Make sure you use chilled butter with these scones or you won't get the perfect flaky texture. Chocolate and orange make them special.
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
80g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 23cm circle about 1cm thick.
- With a 6cm fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary.
- Transfer the scones to the baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
Used different ingredients.
I added 2 Tbs of cocoa powder
- 14 Dec 2008
Write a review
Click on stars to rate