1 / 1 Picture by: Profmary
Chocolate Chip and Orange Scones
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preparation:15min › Cook:12min › Ready in:27min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 23cm circle about 1cm thick.
- With a 6cm fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary.
- Transfer the scones to the baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!