Best Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups (170g) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- pinch salt
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
Preparation:25min › Cook:15min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tray with patty cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well with each addition then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until a fine skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Ice with your favourite icing when cool.
The only comment I would like to make is that I backed the filling to about halfway in the patty pan because at 3/4 fill they overflowed a bit but overall the recipe was good and the cakes are nice and moist. Came up nice with coffee fondant icing on top. - 13 Jun 2009
I made these for my daughter's birthday to take to school. Rave reviews from the kids, teacher, principal and a few other mums. Plus gave several a try myself, some of the most moist and tastiest homemade cupcakes. Thank-you for sharing this recipe. And they were easy to make and I love that they don't have much butter. They do rise a lot, so you don't need much mixture in each one, so will do this a bit differently next time, as some rose a little too much, but definitely can't wait to make them again. - 20 Aug 2013
This is by far my favourite cup cake recipe. They never fail and are always moist. They get raving reviews from all my colleagues who all want the recipe! Fab. - 13 Sep 2013