Fried Pizzas Topped with Thyme Apple
1 / 2
2 / 2
24 people made this
Not sure if pizza is the correct name for these delicious appetizers or tasty lunch. Pizza dough is fried before being baked with feta and onion then finally garnished with sautéed thyme apples.
200g packet dry pizza crust mix
1/2 cup (125ml) hot water
4 tablespoons olive oil
250g feta cheese, crumbled
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
4 apples, cored and chopped
ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine contents of the pizza dough packet and 1/2 cup hot water. Stir vigorously, about 25 strokes. Set the bowl in a warm place (35 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto floured board and divide into 8 small sections. Knead the dough and shape it into rounds.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the dough rounds and fry until lightly browned, flipping once to brown on both sides.
- Once cooked, place the rounds on a baking tray. Sprinkle the feta, red onion and thyme on top of the circles.
- Bake the pizzas until the feta begins to brown; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the pizzas bake, in the previously used frying pan heat the butter and thyme. Add the apples and cook until the apples are soft and golden.
- Lay the apples on top of the pizzas, season with pepper, and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate