Potato and Lemon Salad
1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
176 people made this
This potato salad tastes a little lighter and brighter than a standard potato salad because of the addition of lemon juice.
5 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt of your choice
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, and cool. Peel, chop and add to potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix together lemon juice, oil, sugar, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and black pepper.
- Blend in mayonnaise. Pour lemon dressing over potatoes, and stir to coat.
- Mix in green onions, celery and parsley. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Delicious lemony flavour - was a real hit at christmas lunch!
- 30 Dec 2008
Interesting tangy flavour to this salad. I LIKED IT!
- 14 Nov 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate