Chocolate Mint Brownie Slice
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups (500ml) ready prepared chocolate sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125g (1 cup) plain flour
- For the mint layer
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 cups (350g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- For the icing
- 185g dark chocolate, chopped
- 90g butter
Preparation:25min › Cook:25min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease a 23cm x 30cm baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together caster sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and chocolate sauce.
- Combine the salt and flour. Stir into the chocolate mixture just until blended. Spread into the prepared pan evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter and icing sugar until smooth. Stir in creme de menthe liqueur.
- Spread over the cooled brownies and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the chocolate and remaining butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 1 minute in the microwave, stir, then continue to heat at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Spread over the top of the mint layer. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Used different ingredients. These brownies are the best!!I added 1 tsp. peppermint extract to the filling instead of liqueur. I baked them for 45 minutes and they came out perfect. - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. I used a teaspoon of mint extract instead of creme de menthe. Quite tasty. - 21 Jul 2008
The brownie cake was SOOOO moist and delicious on these! I used Mint Chocolate Baileys for flavouring and it was rich and delish! - 09 Aug 2009