Spicy Kidney Bean dip
- 1 tin (400g) red kidney beans
- 20ml tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 85g cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Place the drained kidney beans, tomato juice, cider vinegar, worchester sauce, garlic and chilli powder into a food processor and blend until totally mixed.
- Add to a frypan with the cheese and stir over a low-medium heat until the cheese has melted and is thoroughly mixed.
- You can serve it hot or cold.
For our personal taste preference, it was too mild, so I ended up adding a pinch of cayenne pepper, as well as several healthy shots of Trader Joe's Jalapeño Hot Pepper Sauce. I did reserve the liquid from the kidney beans and added most of it while melting the cheese into the bean mixture. Garnished with my homemade pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro, and more shredded cheese. With these modifications, it was 5 stars for us! - 04 May 2013