Tropical Fruit Pancake Sauce
1 person made this
This fruit sauce ideal for pancakes and a nice alternative to the regular sugar and lemon topping. You could try it with other fruits of course, too.
1 tin (800g) of mixed tropical fruit in syrup
2 tablespoons golden syrup
100g brown sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
6 tablespoons low fat milk
20g plain wholemeal flour
brandy to taste
- Blend the tin of fruit in syrup.
- Heat the blended fruit, golden syrup, sugar, milk and lemon juice in a small saucepan over a moderate heat.
- While stirring the sauce, add the brandy and turn up the heat until the sauce starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat again and slowly add the flour, constantly stirring until thickened - keep stirring until done.
- Serve over pancakes and enjoy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate