Spiced Marinated Feta
- 375g feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) paprika
- 2 teaspoons (10g) cracked peppercorns
- 3 dried red chillies
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) dried tarragon
Preparation:10min › Extra time:2days marinating › Ready in:2days10min
- Dice feta into 1cm cubes. Place in bowl.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, paprika, peppercorns, chillies, oregano and tarragon. Toss with cheese.
- Cover or place in a large jar then refrigerate.
- Leave to marinate for two days, turning cheese occasionally
Only one criticism. You won't be able to cover the amount of feta cheese called for in the recipe with the olive oil mixture. I found that about half of the feta cheese works. We love marinated feta cheese on salads, and this one does have a kick to it. It was tasty served over some ripe tomato slices, but I definitely can see incorporating this into some of my Mexican dishes, but don't see it on a delicate/tender greens salad (but that's a personal preference). - 04 May 2013