Chocolate and Cinnamon Souffle
This is a flexible chocolate souffle recipe, that can be made either in a souffle dish or in individual ramekins for an elegant dinner party presentation.
Be the first to make this!
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
75g plain chocolate
1 tablespoon milk
60g butter or margarine
40g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grease a 20cm soufflé dish (or cake tin - or 4 small individual ramekins) with melted margarine and dust with sugar.
- Put 1 tablespoon of milk and the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and melt over hot boiling water, or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over gentle heat, then add the flour all at once; mix well and remove from the heat.
- Add milk into flour mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly until the mixture forms a creamy paste.
- Add melted chocolate, cinnamon and all five egg yolks. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk five egg whites and add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep whisking until egg whites look like foamy bubbles.
- Slowly add whisked egg whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into souffle dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124