Delicious Pumpkin Soup
Deliciously creamy soup
1 person made this
650g Butternut Pumpkin skinned and diced
1 Brown onion diced
200g sweet potato diced
2 garlic cloves whole and peeled
2 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp Olive oil
3 Cup vegetable stock
2 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp Sour cream (Optional)
- Turn oven onto 200 deg C
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper add pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and garlic. Drizzle honey and olive oil over the top and place in oven to cook for 20- 30 minutes.
- In a pot, Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Add the cooked vegetables including the juices from the baking tray.
- Boil for 10 minutes the reduce heat and cook for a further 15 minutes. (Dont worry if there is too much liquid. If you find that there isnt enough liquid just add more stock.)
- Using a slotted spoon, take out all the vegetables including the garlic and place in a heat proof bowl and add one cup of the liquid.
- Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more of the liquid half a cup at a time until just right.
- Return soup to a clean pot and simmer for 6-7 minutes to heat through. Add nutmeg and cream (cream optional) and stir until hot and smooth.
- Enjoy with croutons or bread
If you dont have a stick blender, repeat steps 6 and 7 but using a food processor. Be careful, its still very hot at this point.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate